Thursday, July 06, 2017 - Monday, August 28, 2017
The Nominating Committee seeks your help in identifying members with gifts that equip them for leadership at MDPC. Please prayerfully consider who God may be preparing to serve as Elder, and then submit his/her name using this online form or the printed forms that are available throughout the campus. Thank you in advance for participating in this important process in the life of MDPC.
What is an Elder?
Elders are chosen by the congregation. Together with the Pastors, they exercise leadership, government, and discipline, and have responsibilities for the life of our church. Elders should be persons of faith, dedication, and good judgment. Their manner of life, both in the church and in the community, should be a demonstration of the Christian Gospel.
What are the qualifications for Elders?
- A personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- A willingness and commitment to perform all duties required of an Elder, including regular attendance at assigned committee and Session meetings
- A passion for and ability in the ministry area to which they are nominated
- A high level of spiritual maturity, leadership ability, and interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Faithfulness in marriage between a man and a woman, or chaste if single
- Regular attendance in worship services at MDPC
- Identifiable financial contributions to MDPC
- Minimum of one year’s membership at MDPC
Is there a limit to the number of nominations that can be submitted by one person?
No. Please submit the names of as many members as you feel called to nominate. Each and every nomination will be given the same consideration.
Deadline and process for nominations:
- Nominations are due Monday, August 28, 2017.
- After due consideration of all candidates, the Nominating Committee will prepare a list of prospective nominees to fill each open position in the upcoming class. Each nominee will then be consulted to determine his or her willingness to serve.
- In October, a Congregational Meeting will be called for the purpose of electing the Elder class of 2020 based on the Nominating Committee’s recommendations, plus any nominations from the floor.