Every Saturday, from 12/07/2019 to 12/14/2019, 5:15 PM - 12:00 AM
- Be at the Port and through the gate no later than 5:15 PM for orientation for orientation.
- Vessel boarding will begin at 5:30 PM
- Vessel sailing will begin at 6:00 PM sharp, and will return by 7:30.
To register, click below to email David Wells:
- All participants 18 or older must show a Government issued identification card, such as a Driver’s License, a State issued Identity Card, a Current Passport, or similar identification. Parents can vouch for those under 18.
- Homeland Security requires that each participant's name must be submitted through Jan Roe no later than December 4 for both caroling dates.
- Young children are discouraged from participating.
- Please check the weather forecast and dress accordingly, as you will be outside in the wind. The movement of the boat creates additional wind, so it can get very chilly!
- Those who have issues will motion sickness will probably experience issues on the boat.
- Christmas carol text will be provided by the Chaplain accompanying the tour. There is generally enough light to see the words while out on deck, but a small flashlight is sometimes helpful.
- Photography is not permitted on the ships, per Homeland Security regulations.
After the TOUR:
- The Chaplains and the Seafarer Board invite all participants to join them at Seafarer Center after the cruise for holiday festivities.
- Piano players with Christmas sheet music are encouraged to bring their music and lead us in additional singing.
Entry to the Port for this event is best through Gate 8, which is off Clinton Drive at the far west end of the port property. Use the instructions below according to your point of origin:
- NORTHBOUND: Go over the Loop 610 Ship Channel Bridge, down to the bottom of the hill and be in the right lane. Immediately after the fourth 610 overpass, take the Clinton Dr. exit (turn right and cross over 610). Continue west on Clinton Dr. for about two miles to a traffic light and an entrance gate to the port on your left. Present identification, tell them you are going to the Sam Houston or to the Tour Boat and proceed straight ahead about 3/8 mile to the Boat Landing Parking Lot.
- SOUTHBOUND: From Loop 610 at I-10, travel South approximately two miles. Watch for and take the Clinton Drive exit on your right before you go under the overpasses. At the top of the exit ramp, turn right (west). Continue west on Clinton Dr. for about two miles to a traffic light and an entrance gate to the port on your left. Present identification, tell them you are going to the Sam Houston or to the Tour Boat and proceed straight ahead about 3/8 mile to the Boat Landing Parking Lot.
A beautiful singing voice is NOT a requirement. This is an outreach to the seafarers of the world, and we only ask that you bring a willing spirit and make a joy noise!
No other port anywhere in the world does caroling cruise – it is unique to Houston. Give those far from home at the holidays a taste of Houston hospitality!