The Re-Opening Plan
Opening Slowly & Safely...
Because of the recent spike in Covid cases in the Houston area, MDPC leadership has determined that we will not offer in-person worship until September 13. This may be extended as more information becomes available.
Online worship will continue to be offered each and every Sunday.
The information below refers to in-person worship when it is offered.
As recently mandated by the state, all those visiting the MDPC campus will be strongly encouraged to wear masks. Thank you for helping us to be in compliance with this important safety measure.
Summary of Safety Measures
Here is a summary of the measures that MDPC is taking to ensure that your visit is as safe as possible.
- Signage and floor striping throughout building to control and direct traffic flow in hallways, maintain social distancing, and limit the use of restrooms to two persons at a time.
- Tables manned by volunteers at three major entrances (parlor, Grand Staircase, and west sanctuary doors).
- Exterior and interior doors that are not equipped with automatic openers are propped open so that people don’t need to touch a door.
- Most toilets and lavatory faucets are touch free.
- In Sanctuary and Chapel, alternating pews have been blocked from use and canisters of pre-moistened disinfecting wipes are strategically placed for access by volunteers and staff to wipe down areas between services.
- Pews will be fogged with a disinfecting mist before and after Sunday Services.
- All books, papers, friendship pads, and pencils have been removed from sanctuary and chapel pews.
- No printed bulletins (find Ministry Highlights here), and no passing of offering plates. Drop boxes for offering will be in the lobby and at the drop box at the main office.
- Beverage stations will be closed at this time.
- Families (including young children) are welcome to worship together.
Campus Hosts Needed
As Sunday morning in-person attendance grows, we will need more and more volunteers to assist with overseeing safety measures, welcoming guests, and directing interior traffic flow on Sunday mornings. Please consider signing up to help (the link is below).
Sunday, June 29
MDPC will be open for limited capacity in-person worship in the Sanctuary (if overflow seating is needed, it will take place in Fellowship Hall, where the services may be viewed via live stream). We will continue social distancing and strongly encourage the wearing of masks throughout your campus visit. Families are welcome, but no childcare will be offered.
At all stages, worshippers are required to practice personal responsibility and safety by wearing face masks, and not shaking hands, hugging, or lingering for conversations in the hallways.
Who Should Stay Home?
If you have been in contact with infected persons, or have experienced symptoms that may be COVID-19 related, or are medically vulnerable due to underlying health issues, please stay safely at home and continue to worship online. These include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Intestinal issues
- Fever 100.0 degrees or higher
- Known close contact with a person who is confirmed to have COVID-19
Please park in Lot A, and enter through the Fellowship Hall/Parlor entrance, unless you need to use the handicap parking on the West Drive. Most doors will open automatically, or will be propped open to avoid unnecessary touch. The CLC will be closed to traffic.
Sanitation stations (containing masks, gloves,and hand sanitizer) will be located around entrances to the campus, and will be manned by volunteers. Wearing a mask is about protecting those around you, so, if you are able, please show love to your neighbor by complying with recommended behaviors.
Entering and Exiting the Facility
On Sunday mornings, Ingress and egress to the Sanctuary will be controlled and limited. All those entering the Sanctuary should do so via the East Hallway (Chapel side) or the exterior sidewalk on the West drive. The East Hallway is separated into two sections - those entering the Sanctuary and those exiting the Sanctuary. For either action, please stay to the right.
On Sunday mornings, the Preschool Hallway will be exit only, so there will be no south-bound foot traffic upon entering the Sanctuary (if you enter by the Grand Staircase, you will be redirected to the East Hallway, using the cut-through, or to the exterior West drive.) The hallway will be fully open for exiting the Sanctuary at the end of services.
No Sunday Classes this Summer
In-person Sunday classes will not be offered this summer, but hope to resume in the fall. To learn more about online options, please reach out to Equipping Pastor, Dr. Clay Brown.
No Childcare throughout the Summer
Childcare will not be available at the MDPC facility for the immediate future. If you have questions, please contact Children's Ministries.
As a few weekday events open, we will require the same safety recommendations whenever you are on campus.
Your Cooperation is Much Appreciated
MDPC is committed to the safety of our congregation and staff, and will strive to follow best practices while guests are on our campus. The good news is that it will not last forever, but we must work together now to help stave off future spikes in the virus.