The Re-Opening Plan
in-person worship this Sunday
For those who wish to return to in-person worship, we invite you to do so this Sunday. Masks and social distancing will be required at all times. Scroll down to view guidelines and safety measures MDPC has put in place. Online worship will continue to be offered each and every Sunday, so please join us in whichever format feels appropriate to you.
Sent By Love: Walking Through Acts with the Pastors will meet in-person in the MDPC Amphitheater. Learn more at pastorsclass.mdpc.org.
Elementary-age Sunday School is now open. No registration necessary, but please text Galaxy F2F to the number 94000 just so we know you are coming! Go to the MDPC Gym before the 9:45 or 11:15 AM service. Kids will be temp-checked and face masks are required.
For childcare for children 5 and younger, you must pre-register your child.
Adult Sunday School & Small Groups
Sunday School and weekly programs may resume meeting on campus, if leaders wish. Each room has a max capacity that must be observed. Class leaders should email their ministry contact for capacity information (Annette Erickson for Caring Ministries, Laurien Hook for Equipping Ministries, Kami Vaughn for Relationships Ministries). Face masks and social distancing required at all times.
Summary of Safety Measures
Here is a summary of the measures MDPC is taking to ensure your visit is as safe as possible.
- Face masks and social distancing are required at all times.
- Signage and floor striping throughout building to control and direct traffic flow in hallways, maintain social distancing, and limit the use of restrooms to two persons at a time.
- Tables manned by volunteers at three major entrances (Parlor, Grand Staircase, and west Sanctuary doors).
- Exterior and interior doors not equipped with automatic openers are propped open so guests don’t need to touch a door.
- Most toilets and lavatory faucets are touch free.
- In the Sanctuary and Chapel, alternating pews are blocked from use and canisters of disinfecting wipes are available for volunteers and staff to wipe down areas between services.
- Pews are fogged with a disinfecting mist before and after Sunday Services.
- All books, papers, friendship pads, and pencils have been removed from Sanctuary and Chapel pews.
- No printed bulletins (find Ministry Highlights here), and no passing of offering plates. Dropboxes for offerings will be in the lobby and at the dropbox at the front office.
- Beverage stations are closed at this time.
- Families (including young children) are welcome to worship together.
Campus Hosts Needed
As Sunday morning in-person attendance grows, we will need more and more volunteers to assist with overseeing safety measures, welcoming guests, and directing interior traffic flow on Sunday mornings. Please consider signing up to help (the link is below).
Who Should Stay Home?
If you have been in contact with infected persons, or have experienced symptoms that may be COVID-19 related, or are medically vulnerable due to underlying health issues, please stay safely at home and continue to worship online. These include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Intestinal issues
- Fever 100.0 degrees or higher
- Known close contact with a person who is confirmed to have COVID-19
Please park in Lot A, and enter through the Fellowship Hall/Parlor entrance, unless you need to use the handicap parking on the West Drive. Most doors will open automatically, or will be propped open to avoid unnecessary touch. The CLC will be closed to traffic.
Sanitation stations (containing masks, gloves,and hand sanitizer) will be located around entrances to the campus, and will be manned by volunteers.
Entering and Exiting the Facility
On Sunday mornings, ingress and egress to the Sanctuary will be controlled and limited. All those entering the Sanctuary should do so via the East Hallway (Chapel side) or the exterior sidewalk on the West drive. The East Hallway is separated into two sections - those entering the Sanctuary and those exiting the Sanctuary. For either action, please stay to the right.
On Sunday mornings, the Preschool Hallway will be exit only, so there will be no south-bound foot traffic upon entering the Sanctuary (if you enter by the Grand Staircase, you will be redirected to the East Hallway, using the cut-through, or to the exterior West drive.) The hallway will be fully open for exiting the Sanctuary at the end of services.
Your Cooperation Is Appreciated
MDPC is committed to the safety of our congregation and staff, and will strive to follow best practices while guests are on our campus. The good news is that it will not last forever, but we must work together now to help stave off future spikes of the virus.